WOD – 130710 – “The Bear Complex”
1000m Row/800m Run
“The Bear Complex”
5 sets of the sequence:
7 rounds of:
1 power clean
1 front squat
1 back squat
1 push press
Note: Rest between sets as needed. Goal is max load in a set. No changing loads during a set, but you may change between sets. See below for the official rules! Watch the video!
Rules of the Bear Complex
1. No resting on the ground (even to re-grip). Failure to do so designates a failed set and the athlete must stop.
2. Failed sets absolutely count as one of your five.
3. Athletes can break up or combine the movements as long as the following are met: the clean starts at the ground and finishes standing with the hip at full extension, squats go below parallel and push presses finished locked out overhead.
4. Push jerks are acceptable.
5. There is no time component for a set, the athlete can rest anywhere EXCEPT on the ground.
6. Athletes perform 7 rounds of the sequence to get through one set. There are 5 sets.