Friday – 150109
3 Sets of:
5 Candlestick to Tuck Jump
5 Wall Climb
5 Muscle Up
You may pick a WOD that you missed from earlier in the week or choose a named CrossFit workout – the girls, heroes, or games workouts. You may not create your own WOD. This is an excellent time to test benchmarks.
Kick off the year with our 6 week Nutrition Challenge!
Join us for our 6 week Nutrition Challenge, from January 12th – February 22nd. This is a Paleo/Zone nutrition challenge. Our recommendation is that Paleo is what you should eat and Zone is how you should eat it. See links below for more info on The Zone Diet.
The cost to participate in the challenge is $50, talk to Sol to sign up.
The challenge is a point based one and you will provided a logbook for tracking your points. The challenge will begin and end with weight, measurements, and a score for “Cindy” (the points for these will be release soon). In addition to earning daily points, you will be awarded points for these categories based on percentage of improvement at the end of the challenge. The maximum number of daily points that can be earned is 36 and can be earned as follows:
- A Paleo Meal (P), 3 pts – any meal/meal period that adheres to “General Paleo Diet Rules” as outlined below.
- A Zone Meal (Z), 2 pts – any meal, paleo or not, that conforms to the Zone balance of 30% protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbohydrate.
- A Cheat Meal (C), -1 pt – Any meal/meal period that is neither Paleo nor Zone
- Water – 2 pts/day for consuming at least 100oz of water
- Sleep – 2 pts/day for getting at least 7 hrs of sleep that night
- Working Out – 2 pts/day for working out, max of 2 pts per day and 10 pts per week
- Alcohol – 1 glass of wine or 1 shot worth of non-grain based alcohol per day
- Lemon/Fruit Juice – Only used for cooking or flavoring
- Protein Supplement – No more than 2 times per day, but may not replace breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
GENERAL PALEO DIET RULES
- Eat lean meats, lots of vegetable, some fruit, some seeds and nuts, limited starches, no sugar, no dairy, and no legumes.
- No candy, soda, pastas, wheat, oats, rice, artificial ingredients, bagels, tortillas, corn, or cereals.
- No, beans, peas, lentils, white potatoes, or soy.
- No milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, or butter.
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Air Squats
Note: This workout can be modified to fit anybody’s ability level. However, any modifications made to complete the workout at the beginning of the challenge must also be used at the end of the challenge.
- 1st Place – 1 month of FREE CrossFit and a WMCF T-shirt
- 2nd Place – 50% off a month of CrossFit and a WMCF T-shirt
- 3nd Place – 25% off a month of CrossFit and a WMCF T-shirt
Other prizes may be announced later.