DELOADING WEEK! This week the lifts will be very light – use this as an opportunity to recover and focus on FORM!
Continue your 5-3-1 program or see the board for a supplemental strength workout. You can download the 5-3-1 Program spreadsheet here.
20 Sandbag Get-ups
20 Sandbag Get-ups
Breakfast Meatza – brought to you by PaleoOMG.com
- 1lb Bison Breakfast Sausage
- 7 eggs (1 egg as the binder, the rest to top your meatza with)
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 sweet potato or yam, diced (the smaller, the faster it will cook)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your breakfast sausage in a medium bowl and crack an egg directly in. Mix with your hands until the egg is broken up and you have a big ball of goo.
- Pour your meat mixture into a 8×8 glass baking dish and press down until you have an even surface through the entire dish.
- Put in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until you see the fat rise up to the top. It won’t have to be completely cooked through since you will be cooking it a second time. Once you pull it out of the oven, discard of any excess fat if you’d like. I did.
- While your meatza is cooking, cut up your bacon and throw in a large pan over medium heat. Cook until completely cooked through and a bit crispy. Then remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess fat. Pour the remaining excess bacon fat in the pan into a jar, leaving about 2-3 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add your garlic clove, then add your sweet potato and yellow onion to the pan.
- Let the onion and sweet potato cook down for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from burning.
- Once your sweet potatoes are soft and your meatza has cooked, start making layers. Add your sweet potato/onion mixture to the top of your meatza, evenly distributed. Then crack 6 eggs on top, you pick where you’d like them to go. And finally top with bacon through the eggs.
- Place back in the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your preference. If you don’t like eggs over-easy or over-medium, you could make scrambled eggs instead to top it off with!
- Let cool. Top with hot sauce because hot sauce is delightful.