5 Rounds for reps of:
Performed in intervals of 40 sec on/20 sec off. Rotate between exercises during 20 sec rest.
Hang Power Cleans (95/65)
Check out an inspiring video about Zach overcoming injury here!
Let’s maximize our efforts!
Remember that reaching weight loss goals is 80% what we eat and 20% how we exercise? It’s more than what we eat. It’s how we eat as well. Here are a few tips to maximize that 80%:
- Don’t drink a protein shake before a workout. It will give you a stomach ache! Protein is digested more slowly than carbs, so it’s best to wait until after for that shake.
- Don’t exercise on an empty stomach. Conventional wisdom tells us that this will help us to loose more weight. Wrong! Without food in your system to break down and use as fuel, your body is forced to break down your muscles.
- Don’t eat too many energy bars. They certainly are good and can be better than other things, but they have a lot of calories in them. Eating them too frequently will add back in all those calories you just worked out!
- Eat more good fat. Fat does not make you fat. Good fat, at least. Your body requires good fats to help repair it’s cells post workout.
- Don’t buy into the afterburn myth. Your body does indeed burn more calories throughout the day after a workout, but not as many as you think. On average, only 50. That’s not much!
- Eat within 30 minutes after your workout. This encourages your body to begin the repair and growth of cells.
A lot of these tips seem to go against what we think to be true, but they work! Try it.